10. Research Project Presentation – Written Report
* Communicate research findings using the language of science
$ Write a project report with suitable headings
Introduction (5 mins)
+ Introduce students to summarizing their projects using the abstract paragraph.
Development (40 mins)
+ Students will be asked to write their abstract paragraphs in the Googlesite Blog. They can find samples at
+ There are 4 parts to the abstract:
For Science Research
Part 1: What is the question and the aim of the paper?
Part 2: How is the question solved?
Part 3: What are the specific results?Part 4: So what? How useful is this to Science and to the reader?
For Engineering Research
Part 1: What is the problem? What is the goal of the paper?
Part 2: How is the problem solved?
Part 3: How well is the problem solved?
Part 4: So what? How useful is this to Engineering and to the reader?
Conclusion (5 mins)
+ Remind the students about the deadline on the 28th lesson. They are given 6 lessons for the completion of this section.
+ If they are early, they should start preparing for the poster, video and oral presentation.
- Project Ideas from 2014
- Project Ideas from 2013
- Project Ideas from 2012
- L1 What is Science?
- L2. Generating Research Questions
- L3. Formulating Hypothesis
- L4. Lit Rev - Generating Research Questions
- L5. Bibliography and In-text Citation
- L6. Experimental Design
- L7. Writing Research Proposal (Science)
- L7. Writing Research Proposal (Engineering)
- L8. Submission of Research Proposal
- L9. Experimentation Prep
- L10-20. Experimentation
- L21. Data Analysis
- L22. Drawing Conclusions
- L23-28. Research Project Presentation - Written Report
- L29-36. Research Project Presentation – Poster and...
- Where to buy things?
- Useful Software